4 de nov. 2016

Herstoria musical 1: June Christy (USA)


June Christy (1925/1990)
Género: jazz, cool jazz





Something Cool, Billy Barnes (1954)
Something cool
I'd like to order something cool
It's so warm here in town
And this heat gets me down
Yes I'd like something cool

My it's nice, to simply sit and rest awhile
I know it's a shame
I can't think of your name
But I remember your smile
I don't ordinarily drink
With strangers
I just usually drink alone
But you were so very nice to ask me
And I'm so terribly far from home.

Like my dress? I must confess
It's very old.
But it's simple and neat
And just right for this heat.
Save my furs for the cold.
A cigarette, no , I don't smoke them
As a rule
But, I'll have one, it might be fun
With something

I'll bet you wouldn't imagine
But I one-time had a house
With so many rooms
I couldn't count them all
And I'll bet you couldn't imagine
But I had fifteen different beaus
Who would beg and beg to take me to a ball
And I'll bet you wouldn't picture me
The time I went to Paris in the fall
Oh who would think the man I loved
Was quite so handsome, quite so tall.
Well, it's through.
It's just a memory I had.
One I'd almost forgot
'cause the weather's so hot
And I'm feeling so bad
About a date
Oh wait, I'm such a fool
He's just a guy who stopped to buy me
Something cool